Jul 04 , 2023
Practicing a correct skincare routine is an important key to keep your skin healthy, glowing, and youthful looking. However, even the best of intentions can sometimes go wrong, and we end up making mistakes that can harm our skin. From over cleansing to over exfoliating, there are some common skincare mistakes that can cause negative effects on our skin. In this article, we will go through the top 10 skincare mistakes that you might be making and how to fix them.
1. Forgot to remove make up before bed. Lazy to remove make up before bed might cause clogged pores and acne breakouts. Solution: Make sure to cleanse your face thoroughly to remove make up and dirt before going to sleep.
2. Over-exfoliating. Exfoliating too frequent or using harsh scrubs can damage skin’s protective barrier. Solution: Apply gentle exfoliants and use it only once or twice a week.
3. Not using sun block. Not using sun block in daily skincare routine may increase the risk of skin damage and skin aging. Solution: Apply broad spectrum sunscreen with at least SPF30 every day, even on a cloudy day. Remember to reapply after every 2 hours.
Check out Heliocare collection: https://dermaskinshop.com.sg/collections/heliocare
4. Skipping moisturizer. Not applying moisturizer daily can lead to dry and flaky skin. Solution: Include moisturizer in your skincare steps, especially after cleansing and exfoliating. Remember to choose a moisturizer that is suitable for your skin type.
Shop our moisturizers here: https://dermaskinshop.com.sg/collections/moisturiser
5.Not using the skincare products in correct order. Using products in a wrong order may reduce the effectiveness of product on the skin. Solution: Start the skincare order with the lightest product like facial toner and work your way up to the heaviest such as moisturizer.
6. Applying expired skincare products. Using expired products can cause skin irritation and breakouts. Solution: Keep an eye on the expiration dates of all your skincare products. Replace with new product once they expired.
7. Over-cleansing. Cleansing the skin too often can strip the skin of its natural sebum and cause dryness. Solution: Limit cleansing frequencies to at most twice a day. Use a gentle facial cleanser.
8. Using skincare products that target the wrong skin concerns. Not using products that target your specific skin concerns will make it harder to achieve your desired skincare results. Solution: Identify own skin concerns and apply products specifically designed to address them.
9. Not using eye cream. Neglecting eye cream may lead to puffiness, dark circles, and wrinkles at eye area. Solution: Apply eye cream with appropriate amount every day to help keep the delicate skin around your eyes hydrated. Neostrata Enlighten Brightening Eye Cream is a powerful eye cream that strengthens the delicate eye area, minimizing the appearance of dark cicles, puffiness and expression lines around your eye area.
Shop Neostrata Enlighten Brightening Eye Cream: https://dermaskinshop.com.sg/collections/eye-care-neck-care/products/neostrata-enlighten-brightening-eye-cream-15g
10. Not drinking enough water. Not drinking enough water might cause dehydration and dull skin. Solution: Make sure to drink at least 8 glasses of water everyday to keep your skin hydrated and glowing.
Take time and put in effort to correct the skincare mistakes that you made, you can make your skin look its best! Whether you are looking to prevent premature skin aging, to fight with acne or reduce fine lines and wrinkles, these common skincare mistakes must avoid. By incorporating the skincare tips above into your skincare routine, you can help to make your skin looks good and feel its best for years to come. Thus, don’t wait – start fixing the mistakes today and enjoy the benefits of healthy and glowy skin later!